Tuesday, February 6, 2007

It's camo and it's for a man

I've been on the hunt for a good beer/soda can cozy pattern, and came across this one at The Knitist .

I happened to have a bunch of fisherman's wool I had dyed a couple of years ago in greens and browns laying around, so I slapped it on some dpn's and went to town. First off, you hold two strands together, so it's a bit tight on 10 1/2's. And, the dpn's are a few years old; dh and I made them out of some dowling and they need to be sanded some more. It was slow goin'.

After the two sets of increases, we end up with something looking very manly, yet booby'ish.


I tried to sell dh and his friends on the idea of camo pasties, but they weren't going for it. I asked, "what about all the times you are sitting around the campfire, and it's 0 degrees out, wouldn't you want something to keep your nipplies warm?" Terse reply, "ummmm, no." Okedoke, cross Start a new liberal hunting trend off my list of to do's.

I had hoped to finish the cozy in time for Superbowl Sunday, but this is just a prototype for a friend that still drinks beer in a can (we still love him anyway), and he had a backup. So, pasty had to wait a few days to be elongated.

Here is the finished product, prior to felting. I think it still looks rather, um, manly.

It's in the washer now, however we have a front loader. My fingers are crossed it felts well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So how did it turn out?