Friday, October 3, 2008

Fall turns me into a widow and kitty doula

It is that time again, hunting season strikes! I consider myself a widow this time of year, and the screechy elk call dh has designated as his ring tone (rolleyes) just reminds me all that much more of the pull of "being a man, growing a beard, not bathing, and hanging with my friends in the woods" is. Sounds like a singles ad, no?

I have something to look forward to, our dear sweet (not really, she's normally a cranky bitch when not pregnant) kitty Tinkerbelle had 5 kittens last night. I am EXHAUSTED today, cannot imagine how new mama kitty feels. The first was breech, and took her a super long time to move through. Dh and I ended up helping the process a bit, to which he was thanked by being scratched and bit, and I was purred at. At that moment I thought, "that's my girl." By kitten #5, she was so tired (8 hours from start to finish) I wiped the wee ones off to aid in the drying/warming process. Kittens should certainly make the kids' and my time this season go by quicker.

No comments: